Established in 1992, the Women’s Environmental Network Minnesota is a not-for-profit organization fostering professional networks for women working to protect the environment.
- Provides current information on environmental topics,
- Builds personal and professional networks,
- Encourages and supports women, and
- Promotes a better understanding of an individual’s role in preserving and improving the environment.
WEN MN sponsors six events a year on topics related to the environment or environmental careers. Recent topics have included:
- Women’s role in politics
- Corporate sustainability
- Local food and agriculture
- Global and local water and soil issues
- Energy and conservation
- Career strategies for women
- Speakers are drawn from a pool of local and national figures working in a variety of environmentally-related fields