Established in 1992, the Women’s Environmental Network Minnesota is a not-for-profit organization fostering professional networks for women working to protect the environment.
The WEN mission is to foster professional networks for women working or studying in any aspect of protecting the environment. We strive to:
- Provide current information on environmental topics;
- Build personal and professional networks;
- Encourage and support women and genders underrepresented in the environmental sector; and
- Promote a better understanding of an individual’s role in preserving and improving the environment.
WEN sponsors five events a year on topics related to the environment or environmental careers. Recent topics have included:
- Circular economy
- Climate change adaptation
- Building resilient Minnesota communities
- Corporate sustainability
- Local food and agriculture
- Speakers are drawn from a pool of local and national figures working in a variety of environmentally-related fields