Fall 2021 Update:
Applications are now being accepted for general and student positions on the Board of Directors. If you have a passion for our mission and broadening its impact on members and the environmental community, please consider applying!
We strive to:
- Provide current information on environmental topics;
- Build personal and professional networks;
- Encourage and support women and genders underrepresented in the environmental sector; and
- Promote a better understanding of an individual’s role in preserving and improving the environment.
The Women’s Environmental Network (WEN) is a professional organization of women in environmental careers, and is comprised of volunteers representing public and private sectors. Board members are elected annually by members of the WEN for three-year terms on a rotating basis. The Board meets approximately six times per year and hosts five events per year for the membership and other interested parties. Board members are required to attend the Board meetings. In addition, each Board member is responsible for assisting in at least one WEN event each year and attending at least three events.
Board members gain practical experience in planning and implementing programs, learn to value each other, and grow from what it takes to maintain a valuable professional organization. There are also many opportunities to network and get involved in whatever your area of interest may be.
How to apply
Simply submit your resume and a short biography! The short biography should be no longer than one-third of a page in 12 point font and should include:
1) Your organization affiliation.
2) What you can offer the Board and the WEN (experience, strengths, passion etc.).
Applicants: Submit application packet to Ashley Kocourek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: November 30, 2021 at 5 p.m